At 7:15 sunday morning, I made a decision. Get out and ride (long) as it was a nice day, or finnish the bike and get out for a shorter ride later in the day.
The bike build won, so at 8:00 I cracked on. I needed to cut the steerer, fit the aheadset, transfer front and back deraliures, cable it up, adjust gears, brakes, oh, add bar tape, and put on new tyres
At 15:30 I was (just about) done. I sunk on the sofa, defeated
4 goes at cutting the steerer, (cut wrong side of tape, was too conservative, measured without a spacer, fitted with spacer… errr) but got it done eventually.
Used gore brake cable set I had lying around, and a set of nice slickshift SRAM cables
Hate wrapping the bars with the lizard skins DSP tape, (too thick) love the easton stuff on the tri bars.
Did I test ride it… err no. The front deraliure is slipping so cant adjust it – the seat tube is really thin, and my packing is not good enough – bought a specific adjuster that will arive in the week – I’ll ride it next weekend 🙂