A brief history….
- 52, male, (yet another) IT Developer.
- Long term London bike commuter,
- Ex MTB trail rider,
- started doing some adventure racing, (spot the headless chicken)… and so started running.
- 7 years of triathlon, (pissing in your wetsuite is encouraged!), including 10 Ironman races in the last 5 years.
- Bumped into the Pirates, (PSOF), a group of drunkards with a triathlon problem – they gave me the confidence to dare to enter Ironman
- My quest to go fast ended with my knee exploding, (serious run training and a 20 year old rugby injury do not mix) so no more run training for me. The last 2 years / 4 IMs have involved lots of bike training, and a few easy 5k runs – ie running marathons off bike training is interesting.
- Did a 24hr 500k charity ride 5 years ago – got me motivated, but in reality it was quite easy, (but I did sleep the whole next day)
Found the transcontinental in 2014, entered in 2015 and got to Turkey.
Been broken ever since, so I went back for more 🙂
tcr is way bigger than anything I have done before, so this will be a record of my journey. Its written by me, for me, so is a bonus if anyone finds anything of remote iterest.
It may be a bit number and data centric – tough – thats how I roll 🙂
I’ll try and be witty and amusing. (oh dear). If its boring then the unsubscribe button is always present