I’ve been making good use of the sales over the last 6 months, to try to keep the cost down to non-divorce levels.
My Clothing / Personal Kit
- Shorts – Castelli Free Aero bibs – only worn them once, but they are very comfy. They have aero dots on them to make me faster. That will make absolutely zero difference to me.
- Socks – Morevelo stripy socks – the meet Emma Ossenton’s minimum sock length requirements
- Jersey – Pirate top – its bright and yellow, and hideous.
- Cap – #39 – I’ll get that at registration
- Cycle shoes – Bont riot MTB shoes. These are half a size up from my normal 44s, but I’ve been struggling with the width of cycle shoes. I got these a month ago and have been riding in them ever since including 2 long rides. My old faithful specialized sport shoes were about 8 years old now and showing their age. They are now in the bin.
- Glasses / Sun Glasses – Oakley prescription half jacket sunnies – they are brilliant, and so good not to have to carry contact lenses this time. – in left rear pocket or on face
- Leyzyne wallet – holds passport, money etc – in central rear pocket
- Phone – Sony xperia 5 – in central rear pocket. Its waterproof,
- komoot on it with all the route gpx’s as emergency navigation backup – all maps pre-downloaded
- OpenStreetMap for android for searching for food when I have no wi-fi
- google translate – polish menus..??